Hi There! Is this your first time searching our site?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free DC search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
640 G St Se, WASHINGTON
Beloved 1846 Capitol Hill Farmhouse Retreat situated moments from Eastern Market and Barracks (Restaurant) Row, easy walk to the new Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and Nats Stadium. This urban oasis is your chance to own a truly RARE find on the Hill. Exposed original pre-Civil War hand hewn beams brighten throughout. Open living room/dining room with cozy wood burning stove warmly welcomes you into this stylish home. Foodies Haven, NEW Gourmet Kitchen with quartz counter tops, custom new large skylight, Blue Star Custom Professional Gas Range calls out for a Starred Chef to whip up delicacies to be shared in the private courtyard overlooking the deep Zen garden. BONUS detached Studio/Office/Indoor dining space full of light perfect for so many uses, accessible without going through the house. Speak easy garden gates make it possible to screen who comes into your soiree. Upstairs boasts a NEWLY renovated bathroom/wet room with a divinely deep tub heated with its own water tank so you can soak for hours and never run out of hot water. Pocket doors and bright light make upstairs feel like a B&B getaway, far from the hustle and bustle. The south facing front porch is a perfect perch for an evening cocktail overlooking the lovely landscaped front garden. The rear patio/garden is completely private, while well connected to the house's interior through multiple full glass doors, for indoor/outdoor living perfect for entertaining. There is even an outside shower and separate access to the lower level loo. This gem has a long history which has been researched by the historical society that we can't wait to share with you!
- MLS® #DCDC401510
- Full Baths1
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage1,243
- Year Built1898
- StyleFarmhouse/National Folk, Federal
- AmenitiesRecessed Lighting, Skylight(s), Wood Floors, Wd Stove Insrt, CeilngFan(s), Upgraded Countertops, Pantry, Studio
- ViewGarden/Lawn, Street, Scenic Vista
- ExteriorBrick and Siding, Combination, Brick Front, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesExterior Lighting, Outside Shower, Patio, Porch(es), Porch-enclosed, Wood Fence
- Lot DescriptionLandscaping, Private, Rear Yard, Front Yard, SideYard(s), Secluded
- WindowsSkylights, Screens, Wood Frame
- Date ListedMarch 14th, 2019
- Days on Market5
- Interior FeaturesFloor Plan-Open
- AppliancesCommercial Range, Dual Flush Toilets, Dishwasher, Dryer-front loading, Energy Star Appliances, Oven/Range-Gas, Range hood, Stainless Steel Appliances, Washer-front loading, Water Heater, Washer/Dryer Stacked, Refrigerator, ENERGY STAR Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Wood Burn Stove
- CoolingCentral A/C
- # of Fireplaces3
- # of Stories2
- Stories2 Story
- DistrictDISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- HighEASTERN SENIOR
- Listing OfficeColdwell Banker Residential Brokerage
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX.Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices PenFed Realty are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.All listing information copyright MRIS 2019.
Listing information last updated on March 18th, 2019 at 10:30pm CDT.