Hi There! Is this your first time searching our site?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free DC search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
3800 Burgundy Rd, ALEXANDRIA
PROPERTY SHOWN BY APPT ONLY. EMAIL LISTING BROKER TO SCHEDULE A TOUR. OFFERS PRESENTED AS RECEIVED. THE PROPERTY IS SUBJECT TO AN EASEMENT AND CANNOT BE SUBDIVIDED. 3800 Burgundy Road is the last remaining example of a gentleman's farm or plantation not only in Fairfax County, but in the entire Washington, DC metropolitan area. The site includes 645,904 square feet of land or 14.827 pristine acres. Located only 10 miles from Washington, DC, this picturesque property has an incredibly interesting history. Originally a plantation farm acquired by a wealthy Alexandria merchant, the house was redesigned in the style of a baronial, European mansion. Later the farm became a camp during the Civil War. The property was once a thriving farm that contained cattle, horses, and sheep that produced beautiful Merino wool for many years. More recently, the property has been updated to accommodate for the current owner's needs, including an updated kitchen, bathrooms, heating and central air conditioning. The property includes additional structures that have been used to operate the farm house and can be re-purposed. Today, this private oasis sits between the Burgundy Farm Country Day School and Little Burgundy Farm Stables and is accessed via a long gravel and cobble stone driveway and surrounded by unparalleled natural beauty. This property represents a seldom available, multi-generational sale of one of Fairfax County's treasures.
- MLS® #VAFX1051860
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths3
- Square Footage6,500
- Year Built1915
- AmenitiesBuilt-Ins, Butlers Pantry, Cedar Closet(s), Crown Molding, Elevator, Formal/Separate Dining Room, Master Bath(s), Pantry, Recessed Lighting, Upgraded Countertops, Walk-in Closet(s), Water Treat System, Wine Storage, Wood Floors
- UtilitiesCable TV, Electric Available, Phone, Natural Gas Available, Sewer Available, Water Available, (C) Other
- ParkingGravel Driveway, Private, Stone, Under Home Parking, Unpaved, Dirt Driveway
- # of Garages6
- GaragesCovered Parking, Garage - Front Entry
- ViewCity, Garden/Lawn, Pasture, Scenic Vista, Trees/Woods
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco, Stone
- Exterior FeaturesExtensive Hardscape, Outbuilding Apartment, Play Area, Play Equipment, Secure Storage, Other, Stone Retaining Walls, Patio, Porch(es), Terrace, Wood Fence, Woven Wire Fence
- Lot DescriptionBcks-Prklnd, Backs to Trees, Front Yard, Landscaping, Partly Wooded, Lot Premium, Rural, Secluded, Trees/Wooded
- WindowsWood Frame, Double Pane
- FoundationBlock, Stone
- Date ListedApril 9th, 2019
- Days on Market13
- Interior FeaturesFloor Plan-Open
- AppliancesBuilt-In Microwave, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, ENERGY STAR Clothes Washer, Energy Star Appliances, Extra Refrg/Frz, Icemaker, Microwave, Oven-Self Cleaning, Oven/Range-Gas, Washer, Dryer-front loading, Water Heater
- HeatingSteam, Radiator
- CoolingCentral A/C
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesMantel(s), Brick, Wood
- # of Stories3
- Stories3+ Story
- DistrictFAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Listing OfficeO'neill Realty Advisors, Llc
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX.Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices PenFed Realty are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.All listing information copyright MRIS 2019.
Listing information last updated on April 21st, 2019 at 5:15pm CDT.